How to Protect Your Loved Ones From Falls
One of the most common accidents that may happen to your senior loved ones at home is falling. Falls can be fatal. In fact, falls are the leading cause of severe to fatal injuries in the home. So, if your senior loved ones are living alone in their homes, they might be at greater risk of falls.
Senior individuals who have difficulty with mobility are the ones who commonly fall victim to falls. That is why if your loved ones are suffering from a condition that limits their mobility, it’s best to follow fall-proofing to help protect them from falls.
Here are some of the most effective strategies that can help keep your loved ones safe at all times:
- Keep your loved ones’ homes neat by cleaning up and removing unnecessary clutters scattered around their home.
- Remove tripping hazards and organize furniture properly to make it easier for your loved ones to maneuver their way anywhere inside their home.
- Use non-slip rubber mats and install handrails inside the bathroom, where it can become very slippery, to help reduce the risk of falling or slipping.
- Use brighter lighting in areas where your loved ones normally use. To be safe, you can install brighter lightbulbs in narrow hallways and stairways.
- Ask for help from homecare services in Milwaukee. Caregivers can ensure your loved ones’ safety by assisting them when moving around their homes.
Supportive Personal Care Services is a personal care agency in Wisconsin. We value your loved ones’ safety and well-being more than anything else. We want them to live safe and comfortable lives every day.